November 13, 2015

My Favorite Products for Oily Skin


Picture this, your feeling extra super magically delicious cute because your makeup is beat to perfection. Im talking about In-Your-Head-Beyonce-Flawless-Is-Playing-As-You-Walk down the hall cute ok?! Mid-day, you finally have time to check out a mirror with your cute self and staring back at you is a hot oily mess. Disappointing huh? Sometimes it seems like no matter what you do, your face always seems to end up shiny by the end of the day.

These are some of my favorite products that I use routinely to help combat my oil skin throughout the day.





Primer Water

This little spray by Smashbox is pretty awesome and I am so glad I discovered it. When you have oily skin, a primer free of oil and silicone like this one, will be your best friend. It is packed with electrolytes to wake up your tried dull skin and instantly absorbs for a lasting hydration without the shine. Even though I love this for oily skin, this product is great for all skin types. Sometimes I love to use this product alone or combined with one of my favorite primers.



POREfessional Face Primer


Where do I begin with this little gem? This primer by Benefits Cosmetics has been in my makeup bag for years and it hasn't disappointed me yet! When you have oily skin, you often have large pores to go alone with it and this primer minimizes their appearance. When applied, it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and make for a smooth surface to apply my makeup. It is completely oil free with Vitamin E and complements all skin tones. I usually apply this first, then use either Primer water over it or my Tarte Flawless primer. While it works well without, I find better results when i use it under another primer.



Tarte Clean Slate Flawless Primer 


Tarte is one of my favorite brands when it comes to having oily skin because many of their products contain a amazonian clay that helps absorbs the oil on your skin. The lightweight texture of this primer is ideal when you don't want to feel like your makeup is caked on your face. This leaves my skin feeling super smooth and helps to make my makeup look flawless. Another good thing is that this primer is filled with Vitamin A & E that help fight premature signs of aging while also brightening your skin.



Tarte Smooth Operator Amazon Clay Finishing Powder


Hands down, one of the best finishing powders I've ever had. Period. During the summer months, I will apply this after primer but before makeup; then finish with some on my t-zone after applying makeup. This is a translucent powder so do not be afraid of the white color, it goes on completely colorless. For this, I will use a large fluffy brush to apply and I will also use my finger to apply it under my eyes over concealer to keep it from creasing. A little of this goes a long way.



Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder


Often, I'll look to Clinique for my skin care needs; their moisturizer is one of my favorites. This pressed powder I stumbled upon when I received it in a holiday gift bag last year. I quickly learned it is best to use this product for touch-ups throughout the day. It goes on very smoothly, not super heavy and does not leave streaks. It instantly makes my makeup/skin look so fresh and it combats the oil in my t-zone so well. This pressed powder stays in my purse. All.The.Time. You just never know when you might need a quick touchup. Sometimes when I am super lazy, I will apply this powder after some primer and go on with my day.


Have you used any of these products before? If so, what is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment